Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- CLC wants full review of TFWP: Georgetti comments on hiring practices at McDonald’s franchises
- CLC writes to Minister Kenney on why relying on websites like Kijiji is not a good indicator of job vacancies
- CLC criticizes layoffs at the CBC: Questions government commitment to public broadcasting
- CLC slams draconian legislation in Nova Scotia: Georgetti says move against nurses will poison the workplace
- Federal government did not tell whole story on CPP: ATIP documents show Finance Department manoeuvrings