Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- Canada’s Temporary Foreign Workers Program Remains Broken; Provincial Remedies Offer Hope
- The Tories Attack on the Middle Class Should Worry You
- Part-time jobs, discouraged workers the new norm: CLC responds to November Statistics Canada Labour Force Survey
- Want to Help the Middle Class? Focus on Pensions
- Canadian workers being under-utilized: Ken Georgetti responds to Statistics Canada Labour Force Survey