Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- Georgetti to Prime Minister: Don't interfere in Crown Corporation collective bargaining
- Bill C-377 is an invasion of privacy
- CLC says government failing young workers: Only 13% of unemployed youth qualify for EI benefits
- CLC says changes to TFWP require enforcement: For too long government failed to consult
- Migrant workers account for most new jobs: CLC has crunched numbers between 2008-2011