Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- Millions of Canadians lack secure work: CLC responds to January's labour force statistics
- Underemployment is Canada's Real Labour Market Challenge
- Federal Budget – 2014 What’s in it for us?
- Why Slashing Corporate Tax Rates Was Detrimental to Ordinary Canadians
- What did Corporate Tax Cuts Deliver? A Background Report for Corporate Tax Freedom Day 2014