Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- Labour Mobility in Canada: Issues and Policy Recommendations
- Senate votes to make it harder for Canadians to join a union
- On Human Rights Day, we recognize that human rights are integral to security
- We need to talk...about jobs
- The Government of Canada should be improving access to permanent residency for migrant caregivers instead of restricting it