Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- The CLC Calls on the Federal Government to Move Forward, Not Backward, on Retirement Security
- Employment Insurance is failing unemployed workers in Canada
- You're doing it wrong: CLC President reacts to CBC cuts
- Yes, Minister, it's time to put Canadians first
- CLC says jobs recovery has stalled: Hassan Yussuff comments on job numbers for June