Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- Leaving No One Behind: Promoting a Society for All - the CLC celebrates National Seniors Day and the International Day of Older Persons
- Submission to the Minister of Labour and Minister of the Status of Women on the Five-Year Review of the Wage Earner Protection Program Act
- Canada needs a new plan to create jobs – good jobs.
- CLC marks fifth annual Essential Skills Day
- Submission to the Department of Finance Consultation on a Potential Federal Framework for Target-Benefit Pension Plans