Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- CLC seeks justice, fairness for migrant workers
- Supreme Court vindicates right to meaningful collective bargaining
- On Human Rights Day, we recognize that human rights are integral to security
- The new year offers a new opportunity for a Canadian job recovery strategy that works
- Yes, Mr. Hudak, unions do benefit Ontario