Social and Economic Issues
Union members have learned over the years that while fighting for improvements in their own workplaces is vital, in order to make lasting change we have to affect the social and economic policies of governments.
The Canadian Labour Congress is the voice of unionized workers across the country on the wide range of social and economic issues that impact all of our lives.
From job protection to public healthcare, workers have a critical stake in social and economic policy.
So we democratically discuss what is of importance to working people, decide on policies that we believe will benefit our members and then advocate for those changes with governments, employers and the public.
Popular and New!
- Unions stand up for fairness in Canada
- Employment Insurance is failing unemployed workers in Canada
- It's (still) time for leadership on jobs: Revised job numbers for July don't change the story
- It's time for leadership on jobs: Canada's job market shrinks as part-time jobs replace full-time jobs
- CLC says jobs recovery has stalled: Hassan Yussuff comments on job numbers for June