Unions exist primarily to represents the mutual interests of workers at their jobs.
That’s why workers first joined together and began collective bargaining.
From wages and benefits to health and safety to pensions to job security and more, workers look to their unions to ensure they are treated fairly and with respect by their employers.
The Canadian Labour Congress works with its affiliated unions across the country to both provide information and resources and to fight for improvements that will make our workplaces better and safer for everyone.
Our advocacy includes public campaigns, lobbying governments and employers and speaking out in the media.
Popular and New!
- CLC statement on workers’ deaths in Bangladesh
- The Canadian Labour Congress supports International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO)
- CLC deplores preventable factory deaths in Bangladesh: Wants action from Canadian government
- CLC deplores preventable factory deaths in Bangladesh
- 2013 Day of Mourning Statement