Unions exist primarily to represents the mutual interests of workers at their jobs.
That’s why workers first joined together and began collective bargaining.
From wages and benefits to health and safety to pensions to job security and more, workers look to their unions to ensure they are treated fairly and with respect by their employers.
The Canadian Labour Congress works with its affiliated unions across the country to both provide information and resources and to fight for improvements that will make our workplaces better and safer for everyone.
Our advocacy includes public campaigns, lobbying governments and employers and speaking out in the media.
Popular and New!
- Over 50 organizations call on Canadian government to support survivors of Rana Plaza tragedy
- CLC pushes for worker's rights in Bangladesh
- Canadian Labour Congress Condemns Turkey’s Mine Safety Record
- CLC asks Prime Minister to take action on Bangladesh Accord
- Think Workplace Fatalities are a Thing of the Past? Together, we have made progress but we must keep fighting for safer workplaces